COUNTY LEAGUE REGULATIONS
SUFFOLK COUNTY INDOOR BOWLING ASSOCIATION
1. a. All matches shall be played on fixed dates and times, except in VERY SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES and only WITH PRIORAPPROVAL of the Honorary League Secretary, and with the MUTUAL agreement of the other Club.
Men's League Secretary - Mr. Derek Rosier, Sudbury
Mixed League Secretary - Mrs. Tracey Knights, Beccles
Ladies’ Joey Taylor-Balls Secretary - Mrs. Pauline Wright, Lakenheath
b. Men's League games will be played on Sundays and will commence at 10.00/10.30 a.m. This will be a single League.
c. Mixed League games will be played on Sundays. Clubs entering will be divided into two Leagues EAST
and WEST. Both areas will agree on start times within their areas. EAST will commence at 2.00 p.m. with
the exception of Felixstowe whose home games will commence at 1.00p.m. WEST will commence at
10.00 a.m. Both areas will be allowed a variable start time but only with MUTUAL CONSENT of both teams. The winner of each Area will play in a Final to determine the County winner on a green nominated by the President.
d. Ladies’ Joey Taylor-Balls games will be played on different days of the week. Clubs entering will be divided into two areas, EAST and WEST. Start times will be 10.00 unless a MUTUALLY AGREED alternative Is agreed by both clubs involved.The winner of each Area will play in a Final to determine the County winner on a green nominated by the President.
2. a. Clubs will be permitted to enter multiple sides in all leagues in any one season. The side will consist of Men’s and Mixed League both sixteen players, Joey Taylor-Balls League eight players
b. Players WILL NOT be allowed to change sides, i.e. If a Club has more than one side in the League, after they have played for one side. Additional players may be added to each side as required.
c. For Mixed County League games each rink shall consist of at least one man and one woman playing in any order.
3. All games to be 18 ends and apart from the Final there will be NO TRIAL ENDS. There will be a time limit of 3 hours 30 mins. In the Final the 3 hours 30 minutes does not include trial ends or extra ends. An end where the jack has been cast before the 3 hours 30 minutes must be played to a finish. All dead ends must be replayed.
4. The home side shall pay all the rink fees.
5. a. Any dispute over the interpretation of these Regulations or over matters not covered by these Regulations shall be dealt with by the appropriate League Secretary.
b. Appeals against his/her decision may be made to the Executive Committee provided they are lodged with the Honorary Secretary, in writing, within 24 hours and accompanied by a £5 deposit, which will be refunded only if the appeal is deemed to be justified by the Executive Council.
6. a. If before the start of a game a team finds they are a player short then the game shall still proceed, but in the defaulting team, the number of bowls shall be made up by the Lead and Second player playing 3 bowls each, but 25% of the total shots scored by the defaulting team of three players shall be deducted from their score at the end of the game.
b. If play is only possible at one venue, this result will stand and the rinks at the other venue shall be rearranged. Participants in the played game are ineligible to play in the rearranged game.
Page 1 of 2
7. a. In the Men’s and Mixed County Leagues seven (7) points shall be awarded. The side with the highest total shots shall be awarded three (3) points and one (1) point to each winning rink. In the Ladies’ Joey Taylor-Balls League six (6) points shall be awarded. The side with the highest total shots shall be awarded two (2) points and two (2) points to each winning rink. In all leagues rinks resulting in a draw and overall scores resulting in a draw, the relative points will be shared.
b. If two or more sides finish level on points, the final league position will be determined in the following order:- 1. Shot Difference 2. Shots Scored 3. Most Ends Won
c. In the Final the winner shall be the side with the HIGHEST number of shots.
d. The Challenger for the Final will be decided prior to the start of the game by the toss of a coin and the challenger shall nominate a rink number which will denote the rink that shall play an extra end in the case of a tied game, before the draw for rinks is made.
8. Results Sheets, including the names of all players, fully completed and signed by both team captains, MUST be forwarded to the relevant League Secretary after the completion of the game.
9. Should a side play an ineligible player in any match any points gained and shots scored by the rink in which the ineligible player played will be deducted from the team’s final score and the result of the match adjusted accordingly.
A player is ineligible if the team on the rink does not conform with Regulation 2b. a player playing for a second side, or 2c. A lady playing in a men’s match, a man playing in a ladies’ match, or a rink of 4 men or 4 ladies for a mixed match.
10. If a fixture has not been completed by the end of the season, and all avenues have been explored for playing the match, the County Executive shall determine the award of any points and/or penalty including financial penalty relating to the unfulfilled fixture.
11. a. Dress for all Men’s matches will be white or Club registered shirts, grey or club registered trousers or shorts, any coloured clean flat soled shoes. All players to wear the same colour shirts, trousers or shorts.
b. Dress for all Mixed games, Ladies: White or Club registered top, tailored grey, or club registered trousers, bowls manufactured cropped trousers or shorts or skirt, any coloured clean flat soled shoes. All players to wear the same colour tops, trousers, cropped trousers, shorts and skirts. Men: As per Regulation a.
c. Finals: All players in each side are permitted to wear as above but a team may wear white trousers/skirt if preferred. All players in each side must wear the same.
12. If any Club enters two (2) or more sides in any one of the leagues and any one or more of these sides fails to complete their fixtures then the following season they may only be permitted to enter one fewer side in the league concerned. All games played between sides of one Club must be completed within the first half of the season but not later that the 31st December. Any sides in default of this regulation will be deducted 4 points.
13. Except in exceptional circumstances and as a courtesy to fellow players MOBILE PHONES MUST NOT BE USED ON THE GREEN and should be turned off or muted.
Amended June 26th, 2023.